Industry: Government and public sector
The Ministry of Culture is the governing body of the Colombian cultural sector and its objective is to formulate, coordinate, execute and monitor the State's policy on cultural matters. It is an organization that acts in good faith, with ethical integrity and observes current regulations for the benefit of the community and its own officials. The Ministry of Culture will promote a creative and responsible Colombia for its memory, where all citizens are capable of interacting and cooperating with opportunities for creation, enjoyment of cultural expressions, in conditions of equity and respect for diversity.
About Cultural Map
Cultural Map is a multiplatform solution that allows the ministry to present information of cultural interest to the community and in turn capture and generate control of activities by the different areas that make up this ministry.
"The geographic presentation of information with high availability, gives value and leverages interest and a sense of belonging."
John Saavedra, Project Leader Engineer, Mincultura.
Results with Google Maps Platform
- As a business strategy, Google Maps Platform As a tool, it provides the information geolocation strategy and its APIs make success simple and possible.
- Availability reached of 99.999 percent.
- Reduced network latency.
- 60 days of development from concept to creation.
Google Maps Platform products used
- Street View API: Insert real images with 360 degree panoramas improving the user experience, and the user sees in more detail what the site of cultural interest offers, additionally it allows them to segment and define their cultural destination based on the information provided by this service.
- API Directions: calculates the distance and time to go from one point A to another B and displays the optimal indications of travel. It helps users to plan routes to go to visit the cultural sites of the country.
- Autocomplete (Places API): provides predictions based on search location in anticipation of full address typing. This system of validation of addresses and / or sites of interest, reduces the margin of error in typing and thus the margin of abandonment of the search.
- Details (Places API): It offers details of the establishments and / or points of interest such as opening hours, rating, prices, etc. that is close to the information displayed on the cultural map.
- Geocoding API: Convert addresses to geographic coordinates and vice versa. Within the system, the cultural map will show us places of cultural interest or activities near an address entered by the user.
To present, manage and standardize information of cultural interest online, Mapa Cultural establishes the criteria and means to carry out the information integration activities through the implementation of Google's cutting-edge technology. Cultural Map requires generating a social impact of knowledge and appropriation of the sites and activities that make up the Colombian cultural framework. After a review, Mapa Cultural decided to move its map development environment to Google Maps Platform (GMP). “We opted for GCP for three main reasons: we only had to use what we needed when we needed it; performance met our requirements; and we could easily climb «, testimony of the Eng Leader of Projects in Mincultura.
Ministry of Culture of Colombia, was very interested in creating a platform that would allow the presentation of information to citizens regarding the component of cultural interest that Colombia has, both at an architectural level and the activities and social developments that it carries out as an entity. The solution was evaluated with GCP components and Cultural Map was created, deployed as multiplatform services that today provides the scope expected by the Ministry. The instances managed from the Google cloud provide the services used to run the Cultural Map on its different platforms, in conjunction with the integration of the Ministry's own information services.
*All rights reserved. This publication is for commercial, informational and illustrative purposes. The content on this portal has the sole purpose of highlighting the success stories developed, implemented, managed and supported by SERVINFORMACIÓN. On the occasion of contracts, purchase orders and other legal instruments entered into with the aforementioned companies. The information published is exclusively intended to describe the contracted service, respecting the commitments of confidentiality, non-disclosure and use of the brand. SERVINFORMACIÓN under no circumstances reveals information of a confidential, sensitive or reserved nature according to the contracted service and in accordance with the regulatory framework of Law 1581 of 2012, Decree 1377 of 2013, and other regulations that regulate the protection of personal data in Colombia. This publication is supported in part by the framework of Law 1150 of 2007, Decree 19 of 2012 and Decree 1082 of 2015 rules that regulate Public Procurement in Colombia and the right of companies to register and publish the experience in a Unique Registry of Proponents (RUP) with the intention of presenting themselves as proponents in the different modalities of public procurement. SERVINFORMACIÓN when publishing the names of the entities and companies using the logo, text and photographs, it should NOT be interpreted that between SERVINFORMACION and the entities there is a de facto partnership, consortium, joint venture, association, shareholding, or joint venture. The logo and brand was taken from the main page of the Entity, without any alteration and for illustrative purposes and for reference only. The only relationship that exists or existed between the entity and company mentioned was the provision of a service. If you consider that we are violating your rights with any publication (text, photography or use of logo), please contact us at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org and this publication will be expanded, supported or corrected.
Have a smart location project in mind?
Increase the Productivity of your company and improve your business opportunities
Tell us your idea.