Sure is a subsidiary of América Móvil, the leading provider of telecommunications services in Latin America with operations in 18 countries in the Americas and the Caribbean. Claro Colombia (previously known as Telmex and Comcel) is a leading provider of telecommunications services in the country, offering its customers all the technology and communication solutions and the best service experience in one place.
About Geomarketing Claro
In making strategic decisions, it is necessary to have as much quality information as possible due to its difficulty, since many external factors come into play. However, the quality of the information is not only important, it is also necessary that it be available and that it can be viewed easily. It is in this scenario where the platform of Geomarketing plays a fundamental role.
Geolocation as a market segmentation strategy provides added value in the concept of being applied to sales, where it is increasingly important to segment customers well to offer them what they are looking for and thus achieve an optimal service. It is an example of strategic decision making where geomarketing can help.
Results with Google Maps Platform
- Support as a versatile tool to visualize geolocated information on a solid and powerful system for data management and analysis, transforming single data and figures into powerful business information.
- It allows to relate business data to spatial data to provide context and allow a visual presentation of the map.
- Geolocation supported by most modern devices and desktop browsers.
- Delivery of information in a more timely and fast way to obtain the insight required to make business decisions.
Google Maps Platform products used
- Street View API: Insert real images with 360-degree panoramas, improving the user experience and saving the costs of traveling sales teams to the field to evaluate the potential of the site and favor the user's conquest.
- Autocomplete (Places API): provides predictions based on search location in anticipation of full address typing. This system of validation of addresses and / or sites of interest, reduces the margin of error in typing and thus the margin of abandonment of the search.
- Details (Places API): It offers details of the establishments and / or points of interest such as opening hours, rating, prices, etc. that is close to the information displayed and at the same time provides information on the location of existing customers and competitors.
- Geocoding API: Convert addresses to geographic coordinates and vice versa to obtain precision of the data provided.
The challenges of the Geomarketing solution is the geolocation or georeferencing of information owned by Claro, corresponding to clients in order to represent them on the Google base map and measure spatial correlations with other relevant information sources: points of sale, competition , population projection, etc. and thus obtain a competitive advantage.
The main challenge of this project was the development of an intuitive platform capable of efficiently integrating large volumes of dispersed and localized information in different data sources, as well as the lack of databases that would show required information, such as data from the income and expenses of the Colombian population, and thus, infer on sociodemographic characteristics.
The visualization of the information, the data provided by the client, as extracted from different databases on a map, has allowed a much easier interpretation for the target user, providing a new vision of the situation. In fact, new opportunities and threats have been detected that previously the client was not able to appreciate, thus improving decision-making.
Servinformación has developed a scalable technological solution for Claro Colombia that integrates different sources of geographic information, with the client's own information, which can be uploaded to the platform autonomously. Creating a technological tool to review the socioeconomic influences on local populations to analyze if there is a correlation between the commercial offer and the predominant socioeconomic composition of the surrounding local populations. Managing to increase the conversion rate by directing a campaign in one way or another by geographic location.
Through a geocoding process, the data provided by Claro are transformed into coordinates, as was the case with current clients, which also contained commercial information, to later be segmented according to the strategy required for easy relative decision making. to the location and allow a better analysis of the market, planning the corporate strategy until its execution.
*All rights reserved. This publication is for commercial, informational and illustrative purposes. The content on this portal has the sole purpose of highlighting the success stories developed, implemented, managed and supported by SERVINFORMACIÓN. On the occasion of contracts, purchase orders and other legal instruments entered into with the aforementioned companies. The information published is exclusively intended to describe the contracted service, respecting the commitments of confidentiality, non-disclosure and use of the brand. SERVINFORMACIÓN under no circumstances reveals information of a confidential, sensitive or reserved nature according to the contracted service and in accordance with the regulatory framework of Law 1581 of 2012, Decree 1377 of 2013, and other regulations that regulate the protection of personal data in Colombia. This publication is supported in part by the framework of Law 1150 of 2007, Decree 19 of 2012 and Decree 1082 of 2015 rules that regulate Public Procurement in Colombia and the right of companies to register and publish the experience in a Unique Registry of Proponents (RUP) with the intention of presenting themselves as proponents in the different modalities of public procurement. SERVINFORMACIÓN when publishing the names of the entities and companies using the logo, text and photographs, it should NOT be interpreted that between SERVINFORMACION and the entities there is a de facto partnership, consortium, joint venture, association, shareholding, or joint venture. The logo and brand was taken from the main page of the Entity, without any alteration and for illustrative purposes and for reference only. The only relationship that exists or existed between the entity and company mentioned was the provision of a service. If you consider that we are violating your rights with any publication (text, photography or use of logo), please contact us at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org and this publication will be expanded, supported or corrected.
Have a smart location project in mind?
Increase the Productivity of your company and improve your business opportunities
Tell us your idea.